Avalon II was released in January 2014 to revolutionize the original Microgaming slot machine. It comes packed with bonus features, where you can play one of 8 bonus rounds, including dice games, free spins with multipliers, expanding wilds, and more. The game has a near average RTP at 95.92%, and a medium volatility with the potential for a solid 16,200x win! Read below how Avalon II works or hit the links to start playing the game by betting anywhere from A$0.3 to A$7.5 per round.
|Paylines||243 ways to win|
|Special Features||8 Bonus Features, Random Wilds, Random Cash Prizes, Multipliers, Pick and Win Games, Random Features|
|Stakes||A$0.3 – A$7.5 per spin|
|Similar Games||Avalon, Aurora, Thunderstruck 2, Immortal Romance|
About Avalon II Pokie Game
The Avalon II pokie by Microgaming set the foundation of modern slot machines. It has a standard math model with flexible stakes, average wins and long-term payouts, while also allowing for big fixed jackpot up to 16,200x the stake.
Avalon II takes all the weak points of the original Avalon game and sets the stage for a fun ride. The game works with a 243-ways-to-win mechanic on a standard 5×3 game grid, ensuring both frequent and lucrative payouts in the base game. On top of that, the inclusion of 8 bonus features ensures you won’t ever feel drained while spinning its reels.
Here is an overview of the Avalon II USPs and drawbacks:
|Cutting-edge graphics and nicely themed symbols||Slightly below average RTP|
|8 bonus features||High minimum bet|
|Medium volatility with big winning potential||A large bankroll is required to test all features|
|Adjacent reels payout mechanic|
|Superior to the original game|
How to Play Avalon II Online
Playing the Avalon II online pokie is a breeze. Simply join one of the recommended online casinos and locate the game in the lobby.
Enter the mythical realm by setting your bets from as low as A$0.3 up to A$7.5 per spin. The low max bet makes sense when you factor in the regular dead spins in the base game.
The action is set on 5-reels and 3-rows with 243 ways to win. To pull out a winning combo, players need a minimum of three identical symbols landed adjacently from the left to the right.
Watch out for the super-realistic themed symbols including Merlin, the Lady of the Lake, King Arthur, and the rest of the gang to bag big wins in the base game. High-paying symbols pay anywhere from 10x to 50x your bet for five lined up on the reels.
The Avalon II logo is the game’s wild, substituting for all symbols and paying up to 100x your bet.
Avalon II Bonus Features
Avalon II has a range of features that complement both game modes.
- The Merlin feature can be triggered randomly in the base game to provide random cash prizes on lost spins or multipliers of up to 20x on winning combos.
- The Lady of the Lake base game feature is also random, during which she appears in the middle reel as expanding wild.
The biggest prizes come in the Avalon II Grail Bonus, activated by 3 or more scatters. The screen will switch to a treasure map with 8 bonus features, unlocked based on the times you have entered the map through your gameplay. Here are the bonus features in order:
- Lake of Legend: A dice game that unlocks multipliers while building the Excalibur. Completing the task results in a 15x multiplier + all accumulated wins throughout the feature.
- Misty Vale: Play 15 free spins with an extra wild and a 2x multiplier.
- Whispering Woods: A pick-and-win bonus game with prizes ranging from 10 – 160x your stake. Players can take the prize or risk for a bigger one.
- Forest Falls: A 20 free spins bonus round with dropping wilds. How it works is the wild remains in action until it falls off the bottom row.
- Dusky Moors: Pick and match helmets until you win up to 20x multipliers. The longer it takes to match three, the bigger the prize.
- Morgan’s Keep: 20 free games with rolling reels and up to 6x multipliers. Winning symbols disappear from the Avalon II reels and the multiplier increases by one after each win.
- Hall of Shadows: Battle the Black Knight to earn rewards for each successful move you pull through.
- Isle of Avalon: This Wheel game includes four wheels that are unlocked by landing selected stripes. It’s not easy to reach the fourth reel, but here is how you can win the biggest jackpot in Avalon II.
Unlocking all features provides players with the freedom to pick and choose the one they prefer during future retriggers.
Avalon II RTP & Volatility Explained
The RTP of Avalon II is near 96%, which is the industry average. This statistic indicates that in the long run, the casino will hold 4% of your total wagers. It might seem like much but that’s the industry average for online pokies.
Still, the Avalon II RTP won’t really matter when playing the pokie a few times. What matters is:
- Medium volatility – regular, average-sized wins. The hit rate is approximately 30%.
- Max win – 16,200x your stake.
- Stakes – A$0.3 to A$7.5 per round.
The game can be expensive even when betting the minimum, but I believe it’s worth the risk. Avalon II has an interesting theme, and fun graphics, and big wins are just around the corner with so many features.
Best Casinos to Play Avalon II
We have reviewed most online casinos accepting Aussie players, and only a few make the cut. Even fewer provide access to Microgaming pokies, including Avalon II. The good news is that we have listed them right here. Simply use our links and you can get started in seconds.
Our Thoughts on Avalon II
The Avalon II online pokie is one of the best games powered by Microgaming to date. It’s way better than the Avalon slot by the same company, offering way more bonuses, a higher jackpot, and original gameplay with modern graphics. The only two games that can match its gameplay are also powered by Microgaming – Immortal Romance and Thunderstruck 2.
Avalon II is an excellent choice for any player type, featuring a 16,200x top win, 96% RTP, and graphics that make you feel like you are battling the Dark Knight!