Hey all you Aussie pokie players out there. Are you looking for a casino game that is unique, offers punters an exciting adventure, and provides the possibility to win an impressive jackpot, all well possibly making you drool?
If that sounds like something you could be into, then you should check out the pokie from Microgaming, Big Chef. This foodie-inspired game is set in a French-theme restaurant with delightful treats stacked up on each reel.
With 15 paylines, punters have a decent chance of hitting a max payout of 10,000x their starting bet. Combine that with an array of features and bonuses along the way, you are set up for a pretty intense game of online pokie.
|Type of Pokie||Non-progressive|
|Date Released||May 2015|
|Features||Scatters, Wilds, Bonus Features, Free Spins|
Big Chef Pokie Gameplay
Big chef is just one of the numerous food-filled pokie machine games put out by Microgaming. This particular title is set up in a Frech restaurant where chefs, waiters, and decadent foods line the 5×3 reels. There are fifteen possible paylines to play at one time, with the maximum wager being 7.50.
The base game is just like every other, where reels are lined with low, medium, and high payout symbols. Each set of symbols have their own value and punters aim for the highest options out there.
High paying symbols are the staff members (waiters, bus boy, chef) and the dishes are lower-paying symbols, making them much less attractive to punters.
Along with the traditional symbols, you will find scatters and wilds, providing the opportunity to earn more money, free-spins, and other impressive features.
Bonuses and Jackpot in Big Chef
Punters can trigger the features and bonus rounds with the help of the scatter and wild symbols amongst other things. The wild symbol is the games logo “BIG CHEF”, the scatter symbol is a large attractive menu.
- Free spin feature. In order to earn a free spin, punters simply have to land a cloche symbol in reel five. (The cloche is the Serving Tray found in fancy restaurants covering food as it is transferred from the kitchen to the table.)
- Scatter symbol feature. When you land at least three scatter symbols (the menu) punters are awarded 10 free spins. During the free spins an additional feature (raising wilds) is awarded to punters that can pay out significant cash prizes.
- Raising wilds feature. During the free spin round wild symbols on the reels move upwards. If any wild symbol lands, it will turn all of the other symbols above it into a wild, providing opportunities for unimaginable wins by possibly filling the entire reel with wilds. (This raising wild features also shows up in the single free spin feature.)
With so many opportunities outside of the base game, it is hard to stop hitting the spin button once you start. We tend to cross our fingers and hope each time profitable combinations land on the reels.
Big Chef Graphics and Design
You already know the main theme here, with the entire pokie set up as an elegant restaurant, preparing to serve beautiful guests somewhere in Paris, Venice, Milan, or the like.
The symbols, like most of Microgaming symbols, are very large lined up on reels that are designed to look like long tables. The colors are very life-like, making the food seem almost so real you can smell them permeating from the screen.
The characters are designed to look like cartoons but in very prestigious roles in the high-class restaurant business.
When it comes to audio, we couldn’t ask for anything more, the theme-appropriate music and sounds that perfectly match those of any busy restaurant, really set the mood.
Where to Play Big Chef Pokie
In the fast-paced world we live in today, it is essential for online casino companies to offer punters the option to play on any device. Microgaming isn’t in the dark here and made this pokie available to players whether on their computers or mobile devices. This means anyone with an Apple or Android device has the option of taking their game on the go.
Unlike other pokie machines out there, the graphics and user interface is well-designed making it easy to transfer from larger computer screens to smaller devices without any significant differences.
What we Like and Don’t Like About Big Chef
It isn’t hard to tell that we are very impressed with the Big Chef pokie. It has a ton of great benefits and is set up beautifully. However, nothing is perfect, including this food themed, Microgaming success.
What we are stoked about:
- Tons of bonus features and opportunities to earn more outside of the base game.
- Works well on all devices
- Potential to win a Lucrative jackpot.
- Fabulous design with impressive graphics and sound
What we weren’t overly thrilled about:
- Punters are not offered a progressive jackpot.
- Some people may find the soundtrack a little off-putting.
- There isn’t any actual bonus “rounds.”
Although there are a few small hic-ups when it comes to this pokie, there is nothing about it that would keep us from wanting to spin these reels again.
Our Final Take on Big Chef by Microgaming
Microgaming has done it again. The team of phenomenal designers have created a pokie with a common theme and turned it into a unique and quite enjoyable casino game with its very own twists and turns.
There are so many bonuses available, that it would be hard not to trigger any of them while you are spinning the reels, meaning the chances of winning is very likely whether it is enough to pay for another round or something to brag to your friends about.
We really enjoyed the Big Chef game and feel like it is a great option for anyone looking for a starter pokie or someone looking to change up their usual reels for something a little more delicious.